On The Halifax Trail

In July a group of us set off around Halifax to get a preview of some of the locations we are interpreting for our Halifax Great War Trail . This one is at Spring Hall  and was the location of one of the several  Auxiliary Hospitals that came into play particularly from 1916 onwards. Originally it was owned by the Holdsworth family but has since passed through other hands and more recently been acquired by Calderdale Council and is the home of Calderdale Register Office.

Pictured left to right are : John Sunderland, Rob Hamilton, Alan Rhodes, Graham Bradshaw, Carla Spendlove, Richard Spendlove, Anne Wilkinson, Elaine Beach